Get to know the 5th largest city in the nation
Phoenix is a thriving and unique cultural center, and you have access to some of its best features with Tapatio Cliffs as your home base.Boutiques and antiques, museums and historical landmarks, outdoor adventures only the desert can offer and culinary wonders are all just around the corner. Visit our Concierge Desk to explore all kinds of ideas to create a memorable experience!
- CityScapes in Downtown Phoenix (approx. 15 miles) is an entertainment destination and shopping center in the heart of downtown Phoenix centered around a lively courtyard, retail shops, bars, restaurants, and live stand-up comedy club— perfect for a quick lunch, happy hour, date night or anything in between.
- Biltmore Fashion Park (approx. 9 miles) boasts a collection of the finest retailers in the region including Saks Fifth Avenue, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, lululemon athletica, Arhaus and delicious restaurants including Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, and Breakfast Club. Enjoy a shopping and dining experience like no other in a relaxed, park-like atmosphere.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square (approx. 14 miles) is a top shopping destination with more than 240 specialty stores and restaurants. Visit top retailers like Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Dillard's, Macy's, and Apple and dine at Nobu, Ocean 44, Francine, Toca Madera, and Zinque
- Old Town Scottsdale (approx. 15 miles) has plenty to do, by day or night! Spend the day browsing the Fifth Avenue shops, trying on Native American jewelry in Historic Old Town or splurging at Scottsdale Fashion Square. After dark, dine at one of Old Town’s renowned restaurants, check out the weekly Scottsdale ArtWalk, or hit the clubs in the Entertainment District. Best of all, you can park once and explore all of the city’s downtown hub with pedicabs or on foot!
- Tanger Outlets, located in the Westgate Entertainment District in west Phoenix (approx. 17 miles), offers shoppers a vast selection of brand name factory outlet stores, including Aeropostale, American Eagle, Banana Republic Factory, Calvin Klein, GUESS Factory Store, H&M, Levi's Outlet, Michael Kors, Nike Factory Store, Tommy Hilfiger, Just Sports, Reebok and many more.
- Arrowhead Towne Center Mall, located in Glendale (approx. 13 miles), is the West Valley’s premier shopping destination featuring over 180 stores for the whole family, with brands like Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenney, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sephora, and many more. The destination offers a selection of restaurants like Chompie’s and a food court with over 15 of the most popular fast dining options including Chipotle, Fired Pie, Panera Bread, and Panda Express.
- 7th Street Dining Corridor is conveniently located 1 to 5 miles away from our resort. Enjoy our on-site dining options or venture off property to try out one or more of the nearby unique and trendy Phoenix restaurants - Experience the best of Phoenix's culinary scene
Sports, Concert & Performing Arts Venues
- Cactus League Spring Training - 10 stadiums
- State Farm Stadium (approx. 18 miles) is home to the NFL's Arizona Cardinals, the annual Fiesta Bowl, and numerous other sports and entertainment events and activities
- Gila River Arena (approx. 18 miles), located in the Westgate Entertainment District, is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose facility hosting numerous world-class concerts and events
- Chase Field (approx. 15 miles) is the epicenter of the downtown Phoenix sports scene and home to MLB's Arizona Diamondbacks
- Footprint Center (approx. 15 miles) is home to the NBA's Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Arizona Rattlers, and a host of concerts, family shows and events throughout the year
- Phoenix Raceway (approx. 32 miles) is a 1-mile low-banked tri-oval track and currently hosts two NASCAR race weekends per year
- Arizona Federal Theatre (approx. 16 miles) is a multi-use theatre in downtown Phoenix, featuring music to comedy to boxing and has been the home to many artists over the years
- Herberger Theater (approx. 11 miles) is an indoor performing arts venue featuring three stages, with a mission to support and foster the growth of performing arts in Phoenix as the premier performance venue, arts incubator and advocate.
- Orpheum Theatre (approx. 16 miles) is a historic venue and presents concerts, the Phoenix Opera, Broadway musicals, performances of Ballet Arizona and other special events
- Phoenix Symphony Hall (approx. 15 miles) routinely hosts the Phoenix Symphony, Arizona Opera, Ballet Arizona and other premier Valley and touring organizations
- Valley views and Hiking - trails located all around the resort. Visit North Mountain Visitor Center (conveniently located across the street, adjacent to resort) for all kinds of hiking, historical and desert landscape information - great for families and avid hikers alike!
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament (approx. 14 miles) - enjoy a feast with a show featuring heroic knights on spirited horses displaying the astounding athletic feats and thrilling swordplay that have become hallmarks of this unique entertainment experience, blurring the boundary between fairy tale and spectacle. Purchase exclusive discounted tickets
- Phoenix Zoo (appox. 17 miles) is one of the largest non-profit zoos in the United States with 125 acres of animal exhibits, including a children's area & petting zoo, plus a narrated tram ride
- Wildlife World Zoo-Aquarium & Safari Park (approx. 25 miles) Home to AZ's largest collection of exotic animals with 600 different species. Visitors can feed giraffes, parrots and stingrays. See wildlife from their Log flume ride, African Safari Train, Australian Boat Ride, Wildlife Skyride, or exotic Merry-Go-Round - you can also Dine with Sharks at their restaurant and lounge
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park (approx. 13 miles) is a family-oriented railroad themed park located in the heart of Scottsdale and features a 5/12ths scale train ride, 1950’s carousel ride, historical railroad museum, two food concessions and souvenir shop
- Butterfly Wonderland (approx. 15 miles) is an indoor, interactive rainforest habitat housing thousands of butterflies, plus a cafe & gift shop
- Out of Africa Wildlife Park, located in Camp Verde (approx. 83 miles), offers a day of spotting African animals in spacious, natural-style habitats.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center (approx. 24 miles) is the ultimate indoor LEGO playground with 2 rides, 10 LEGO build & play zones, a 4D cinema & much more
- iFly Indoor Skydiving (approx. 23 miles) gets your adrenaline rush going delivering the dream of flight to people of all ages and abilities
- Musical Instrument Museum (approx. 11 miles) is rated Phoenix’s #1 attraction and has a collection of more than 8,000 instruments from more than 200 world countries allowing guests to see the instruments, hear their sounds, and observe them being played in their original contexts
- Desert Botanical Garden (approx. 18 miles) - discover the tranquil vibrancy of 50,000 desert plants nestled amid the red rocks of the Papago Buttes offering worldly plants, vibrant trails, world-class exhibitions, festive events, fascinating classes and so much more
- Arizona Science Center (approx. 15 miles) is a science museum with hands-on exhibits and interactive experiences
- Heard Museum (approx. 10 miles) is one of the best places to experience the myriad cultures and art of American Indians of the Southwest, including spacious exhibit galleries and beautiful outdoor courtyards feature outstanding traditional and contemporary American Indian art.
- Phoenix Art Museum (approx. 10 miles) offers a collection of objects of American, Asian, European, Latin American, Western American, modern and contemporary art, photography, and fashion design and hosts photography exhibitions through its landmark partnership with The University of Arizona's Center for Creative Photography in Tucson - visitors can also enjoy the interactive PhxArtKids gallery and the lush Dorrance Sculpture Garden
- Pioneer Arizona Living History Museum (approx. 19 miles) is hidden away from the hustle and bustle of modern life, featuring 90 acres of open-air museum nestled in the black rock foothills of Northern Phoenix - wander pathways leading past twenty historic 19th century buildings that form Pioneer Village - explore the original homes of people who helped tame the Wild West - see the charming log cabin where the first senator of Arizona grew up and more
- Desert Jeep Tours
- Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Sedona Red Rocks day trip
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Day trip to Jerome, AZ